Among a deep infield the 3B rankings may be where we find the deepest pool of talented players who can help you fantasy teams. In points that depth may even be greater than in roto as there are some guys who don’t contribute greatly in the traditional roto categories but have added value as hitters when it comes to the more all around skills required to be a usable points league option.
Currently we are going division by division as we preview the season having covered the AL Central, NL West and NL East.
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!
- Arenado is the stand out guy at the position in this format and therefore if I have a top 5 pick I am definitely targeting him
- The other three studs are still good options but Bryant’s increased strikeout rate over the other two means I would prefer for him to be a 2nd round pick whilst I am happy taking the other two in round one
- Solarte is the value in the top 12 as e is unlikely to command a high draft pick given that he doesn’t put up the impressive stats but he is a solid points league contributor who I would be over the moon to have as my starting 3B options given how late I should be able to get him in drafts
- Prado and Escobar are two more under rated points league options because they just don’t put up impressive stats outside of their average so get over looked by a lot of owners when transferring roto research to points
- Sano gets bumped down a long way in this fotmat because of his strikeout rate but in the right situation he is still worth a late round pick given that he has the upside to hit 40 home runs and drag his average up north of 0.250 which would negate some of the bad strikeout rate.
- Baez and Gyorko really lose out in this format based on the combination of strikeout risk and playing time uncertainty