Week One is in the books and it was a little funky. Some really, REALLY high scoring contests and believe it or not, Week Two could be even higher. Hopefully you won some money with all the points being scored. Pricing feels weird to me this week at some spots so let’s see if we can find the right spots to take advantage. Without further adieu, I bring to you my plays for College Football DFS, Week Two
quarterbacks – we can save some $$ here this week. pricing is a tad soft on some players in my opinion
Malik Zaire – Notre Dame
[DraftKings – $7300 | FanDuel – $8300 | FantasyAces – $5250 | DraftDay – $18700]
– We kind of knew when Notre Dame let Everett Golson transfer that they had a plan. It appears Malik Zaire was the plan and if Week One was any evidence of it, they planned accordingly. Zaire absolutely torched the Texas Longhorns for 313 yards and 3 touchdowns with only 3 incompletions. We didn’t even get to see his running ability that much. Zaire should be one of the stars of this week facing a Virginia defense that let a true-Freshman led UCLA team score 34 points. Notre Dame is only favored by 11 so hopefully this will be kept close enough for us to see Zaire’s full potential.
Fantasy just got a whole lot better thanks to Monkey Knife Fight. With fast-paced games like Rapid Fire and Either/Or, it’s never been easier to play fantasy and win. New to MKF? Get Exclusive $100 Deposit Match + Free $5 Game
Brandon Allen – Arkansas
[DraftKings – $7800 | FanDuel – $8500 | FantasyAces – n/a | DraftDay – $12750]
– So while we all sat here and loaded up on Arkansas RBs, Brandon Allen went out and threw 4 touchdowns. No one could have predicted that as Arkansas has been a run heavy team. Allen only had 14 completions but for 308 yards (and those 4TDs I mentioned before, can’t forget those). This week they get Toledo, who on paper doesn’t seem that bad until you see the -22 spread in favor of Arkansas. That’s when you realize it’s 2 different classes of football teams matching up. I expect Allen to have a solid game but it could get out of control early as Toledo is missing their #1 RB (suspension) and may be without their #2 (injury).
Lamar Jackson – Louisville
[DraftKings – $6100 | FanDuel – $5800 | FantasyAces – n/a | DraftDay – $10050]
– It seems like every week, one of these super cheap QBs comes out and has a big game and they’re under 5% owned. This week I think it could be Lamar Jackson. While he wasn’t overly impressive last weekend, it was against a tough SEC team in Auburn. This week should be a little easier versus Houston. Vegas has Louisville scoring around 32 points so they’re expecting this offense to move. Jackson will be likely be without the Cardinals’ best WR in James Quick but he should be able to make up for any decrease in passing with his legs (106 rushing yards and a TD vs Auburn).
Deshaun Watson – Clemson
[DraftKings – $9900 | FanDuel – n/a | FantasyAces – n/a | DraftDay – $17800]
– The award for super mega ultra obvious chalk play of the week goes to Deshaun Watson of Clemson. I really don’t think I need to say much about Watson. Appalachian State is an okay team but only in its 2nd year of FBS (Division 1) play so they will have times when they struggle. Watson will be without Mike Williams (neck injury) so he will either spread it around more or get the yards on his feet (or both).
other plays: Jake Rudock (Michigan), Jake Coker (Alabama), Greg Ward Jr. (Houston), Luke Falk (Washington State)
running backs – it’s expensive or midrange this week, no punts at RB that I can see
Derrick Henry – Alabama
[DraftKings – $9200 | FanDuel – $8100 | FantasyAces – n/a | DraftDay – $17100]
– If you roster Derrick Henry this week, you’re going to be saying the title of this article many, MANY times on Saturday. Is the game going to get out of hand? Yeah probably. Henry proved last week that he doesn’t need a workhorse’s load of carries to be effective. Going for 147 yards and 3 touchdowns against a usually pretty tough Wisconsin D is impressive. Oh sorry, forgot to mention he did it on just 13 carries. Sure, Middle Tennessee State only gave up 5 rushing yards last week against their D2 opponent but this is an ENTIRELY different beast. Alabama is a force to be reckoned with every year and this season, Derrick Henry is leading the charge.
Josh Hicks – Rutgers
[DraftKings – $5600 | FanDuel – $7200 | FantasyAces – $4000 | DraftDay – $6500]
– Now I’m not a mathematician but I don’t think Washington State giving up 233 yards on the ground to a D2 school in Portland State is a good sign for their season. Rutgers gets that Washington State defense this week and the Rutgers RBs are priced beautifully for us to use on most sites. Josh Hicks was the better runner last week, gaining 118 of Rutgers’ 291 rushing yards. You will see Hicks and Paul James getting carries but I think Hicks will get enough to do damage as they take advantage of this defense.
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!
C.J. Prosise – Notre Dame
[DraftKings – $5200 | FanDuel – $7800 | FantasyAces – n/a | DraftDay – $9300]
– Prosise is the next man up as Tarean Folston is out for the season. In his first game, Prosise stepped up with 96 yards on 20 carries. The Fighting Irish definitely had no issues giving him the ball and giving him chances to do his thing against the Texas Longhorns. Look for more of the same vs Virginia (allowed 152 yards and 1 touchdown vs UCLA) this week. The next closest back only got 7 carries (in a blowout mind you) and that’s IF we don’t include the QB. Prosise is the go to guy now in this running game and he’s coming at an absolute bargain across the industry (except for Fanduel but still not that bad).
Corey Clement – Wisconsin – Keep An Eye On Injury News
[DraftKings – $6700 | FanDuel – $8500 | FantasyAces – n/a | DraftDay – $15100]
– Clement is next in line after a long list of talented Wisconsin RBs. Unfortunately in the firt game this season, he got hurt and didn’t do much of anything before that. To be fair, that was against Alabama and they’re pretty good I guess. Luckily for us, Miami (Ohio) is up next for Clement and they are not Alabama. Clement comes at a discount after last week but he also comes with the questionable tag which might be the most frustrating thing in College Football. He has said that he expects to play but just keep a close eye to Twitter/news sites so you don’t miss out if he misses time.
other plays: Nick Chubb (Georgia), Ezekial Elliott (Ohio State), Alex Collins (Arkansas), Brandon Radcliff (Louisville)
wide receivers – options all over the board here as usual. tried to give you a range of different plays.
Rashard Higgins – Colorado State – Keep An Eye On Injury News
[DraftKings – $8600 | FanDuel – $8600 | FantasyAces – $6700 | DraftDay – n/a]
– Higgins is Colorado State’s passing game. He is one of the most heavily targeted WRs in the country and one look through last season’s game logs will show you how important he is to this team. CSU is only a 6pt underdog so hopefully it stays close and Higgins can do his thing against Minnesota. His QB is not as talented as last season but Higgins is such a good player it shouldn’t matter. Minnesota gave up 243 passing yards to TCU last week and I realize TCU is a much better team than Colorado State, but there’s still the chance that Higgins has a monster day. He does have the dreaded Questionable tag and even though his coach says he’s “hopeful” that Higgins plays, that’s not hugely confident sounding. Keep an eye on the news, Higgins is expensive, you can’t afford a goose egg from him if you miss him being out.
Amara Dabroh – Michigan
[DraftKings – $5100 | FanDuel – $6500 | FantasyAces – $4800 | DraftDay – $6500]
– Watching the game last week against Utah, one thing was clear. Dabroh was Rudock’s favorite target on the outside. Yes, Dabroh tied with Jake Butt (tehehe Butt) for the team lead in receptions, most of Butt’s were on 3rd down and/or in short yardage situations. Dabroh is going to be the go to guy in the passing game for the Wolverines. Utah is a much better defense than Oregon St (this week’s opponent) so Dabroh should have plenty of chances to duplicate his Week One performance.
Germone Hopper – Clemson
[DraftKings – $4400 | FanDuel – n/a | FantasyAces – n/a | DraftDay – 6500]
– I’m not going to lie to you. I don’t know a lot about Germone Hopper other than that I’ve spelled his name wrong about 50 times. The other thing I know is that he’s the one moving into the starting lineup with Mike Williams out. Chances are, Clemson is going to run a bunch of different WRs out there so this is purely a tournament play. I like Hopper because he gets the first crack at being the compliment to Artavis Scott.
William Fuller – Notre Dame
[DraftKings – $7600 | FanDuel – $7900 | FantasyAces – $620 | DraftDay – $17000]
– I know I know, another Notre Dame player but this offense is going to score and it’s mainly from 3 people (other 2 mentioned earlier). I think they score more than the Vegas projection of 30.25 (that’s as of this writing, could change) but I don’t think they do it without Fuller having another big game. 7 catches, 142 yards, and 2 scores last week and now faces the Virginia defense that UCLA torched. With UCLA it was more spread around, I see Notre Dame primarily targeting Fuller. Zaire and Fuller appear to have great chemistry off the bat so we can only hope it continues this week.
other plays: Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), River Cracraft/Gabe Marks (Washington State), Artavis Scott (Clemson), Leonte Carroo (Rutgers), Simms McElfresh (Appalachian State – PUNT)
I’ll be back in a day or two with my plays for the late slate. Will also try to cover the All Day Slate that FantasyAces runs. Good luck!