NFC EAST_DALLAS COWBOYS
DALLAS COWBOYS- Professor’s NFL Team Flash Card. This article focuses on 3 tables and their analysis.
- 2020 PPR Rankings with Player Uncertainty Levels
- 2016 to 2019 Positional Based PPR Fantasy Point Averages (FPA), Team Usages, and Differences from 2019 to 4-year Averages
- 2015 to 2019 Team Level Targets Per Game, 2019 Usage, 5 Year of Targets/Game Usage, and DIFF in 2019.
I suggest these will present a landscape of simple data from 2019 vs the current 2020 preseason rankings. Link to my Current Rankings Below.
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!
2020 PPR Rankings with Player Uncertainty Levels
This Table includes:
- Bye Week
- Position Rankings
- Overall Name
- Fantasy Sport’s Professor’s Rankings (Scale of 100 to 0-Green to Red)
- Uncertainty Level of High, Average or Low
I suggest pass on the DST at DST18 but acquire Zurlein at K4. He will improve under this team’s dynamics.
QB and RB
DAK is a top 4 QB and has proven his skills. Nice pick for your 2020 team! He gets to pass into a nice WR crew and a potential solid TE. Dalton is a sufficient backup QB if DAK has any issues.
The RBs are really Elliot at RB3 and Pollard at RB49 as a handcuff. Pollard should not have a lot of independent value outside of an injury to Elliot.
2016 to 2019 Positional Based PPR Fantasy Point Averages (FPA), Team Usages, and Differences from 2019 to 4-year Averages
This table presents:
- 2016 to 2019 Fantasy Point Averages
- 4 Year Sum of Averages
- % of Positional Usage by the 4-Year Date
- % of 2019 Team Usages
- DIFF – 2019 vs last 4-year % Usages (Improving or Declining)
DALLAS COWBOYS- Professor’s NFL Team Flash Card. In 2019, DAL QB and WRs excelled by 1.7 and 2.6% in Fantasy Point usage. Passing was at the tops in the last 4 years. Expect 2020 to see this continue.
The TEs were average in usage and the top in the last 4 years. Witten is gone and that opens for others. 2020 can be a good TE year for Jarwin!
The main issue was the decline in the RB usages at a poor -4.3% drop. It was an ok year in terms on FPs but the focus on passing seemed to leave the RBs behind. DAL for 2020 should move closer to balance.
The WRs saw a nice 2.6% increase and adding CD to the mix strengthens the passing but may weaken the individual WR productions.
2015 to 2019 Team Level Targets Per Game, 2019 Usage, 5 Year of Targets/Game Usage, and DIFF in 2019.
This table contains:
- 2015 to 2019 Targets Per Game
- 5 Year Average of Targets Per Game
- %2019 Usages in Targeting
- % 5-Year Positional Usage Average
- DIFF 2019 vs 5-Year Average of Team Positional Usages
DALLAS COWBOYS- Professor’s NFL Team Flash Card. Overall Comments: 2019 DAL saw a slight drop in RB and WRs targets but a surprise increase at the TE position. Nothing has occurred for 2020 to assume the WRs will not be at 2019 levels.
Currently, the DAL WRs are Amari Cooper WR11, Michael Gallup WR33, and CeeDee Lamb WR45. I think Lamb moves up in value and becomes closer to Gallup in 2020 and has late season upside (playoffs!).
Next, The RBs are Ezekiel Elliott RB3 and Tony Pollard at RB49. 2020 is expected to be at 2 T/G average in RBs.
Finally, the TE position seems to be in flux. Jarwin is the main TE for 2020 and can he maintain that level of importance? I expect that Jarwin will be a value pick later in the draft with bye week and or Best Ball value.