We’ve got sort of a gross slate tonight but that doesn’t stop us from bringing you the Daily Fantasy Basketball Playbook! A lot of cheap to midrange value plays tonight, letting you afford a couple studs with ease. I actually think it’s going to be a low scoring night with only 5 games and just one of them with an over/under above 200. Let’s get to the picks and start building lineups.
Kenneth Faried – PF – $6,200
– The Sixers are really bad in the frontcourt, even with Nerlens Noel being fairly known for his D.. hehe… D.. anyhoo… Denver and Philly are both in the top six of the league for pace of play, which should lead to A LOT of opportunities for all involved. I expect there to be a ton of rebounds to go around and Faried is without a doubt the best rebounder on the court tonight. His price is reduced due to some shaky play but if there’s ever a night for his ceiling to be sky-high, it’s tonight.
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute – SF – $4,200
– All of the injuries in Philadelphia have caused players to move around and switch positions. The one constant in the lineup has been Mbah a Moute. Now, constant doesn’t mean good but he actually has been pretty solid over his last 10 games. The low price will allow you to fit a couple studs in your lineup from the later games and he doesn’t need to do a ton to hit value.
Marcus Smart – PG – $3,700
– Point guard is pretty gross tonight outside of the top two studs. If you want to pay for somewhere else, Smart is a decent punt play. The Knicks have been really bad against the PG spot over the last three weeks. This is one of those plays where EVERYTHING points to it being the right call. Boston plays a fast pace, Smart is cheap and getting minutes, Knicks are bad against PGs and the Knicks overall defensive efficiency is 107.4 (BAD). If you’re not going to pay for Curry or Lillard at PG, then Smart is really you’re only other option.
Jason Smith – PF – $4,700
– Smith has played 30+ minutes in each of his last 7 games. In one game versus Boston this year, he scored 22FP in 17 minutes. Let’s hope double the minutes will equal double the points. Smith is little more than a contrarian play for me as most of the attention will be elsewhere for the PF spot.
Greg Monroe – PF – $8,400
– The Heat have been very good against every position so picking someone from Detroit was tough. Monroe is the most consistent and will likely see most of his action against Chris Bosh, who doesn’t exactly love defense. Monroe has 7 double-doubles in his last 10 games, and in the 3 games he didn’t have one, he had double-digits in one of the categories. Detroit is actually a small favorite in this game, most likely having to do with Wade being out, but if Detroit does win, Monroe will have to be a big reason why.
Hassan Whiteside – C – $7,700
– I’m not going to lie, I haven’t rostered Whiteside once during his crazy run because I didn’t want to have him for the game where it all ended. He just won’t stop though, continuing to put up big numbers. Detroit has been the worst against centers over the last 3 weeks. Whiteside has been absolutely amazing. I almost feel like this situation for tonight is too good to be true but it’s going to be very hard to fade him tonight, especially with the lack of “great” center options.
Stephen Curry – PG – $10,300
– Curry is always in play and normally I wouldn’t write about him but since EVERYBODY and their mother will talk about Klay Thompson, I’ll talk about Curry. 45+ FP in his last 4 games and tonight he gets the Kings, who are 21st against point guards over the last 3 weeks. Curry is expensive but there are few players safer than what he can get you.
DeMarcus Cousins – C – $10,500
– So somehow, Cousins has 2 huge games, 55.25FP & 53.75FP, yet his price dropped $200. I’m not complaining as I will most definitely use that $200 elsewhere tonight but it’s just a little odd. The Warriors are okay versus centers but bad versus power forwards. I mention this because Cousins is really the only frontcourt contributor the Kings have so those matchup numbers don’t really sway me against him at all. Boogie is a beast and with this game having the highest over/under of the night, I think he’s line for yet another monster game.
Gordon Hayward – SF – $8,100
– Coming off a HUGE game against the Warriors, Hayward will probably be very highly owned as people chase points. Luckily for those people, as well as you and I, Gordon gets a wonderful matchup against the Blazers. Portland is 29th against SFs over the last 3 weeks and that means only good things can come from him tonight. This will be a high scoring game and for the Jazz to have any hope of keeping it close or even winning, they will need a big night from their star player.
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!
Damian Lillard – PG – $8,600
– While LaMarcus Aldridge is an amazing player, I don’t like him as much tonight because of Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert. Lillard is the most likely candidate to pick up any slack on offense. Trey Burke isn’t stopping anybody and while Dante Exum is no slouch, he’s not going to stop a player the caliber of Lillard. Coming off 2 great games, Lillard should have no trouble making it a third tonight versus the Jazz.