Here are 37 things you need to know about week 6. Some stats were compiled using ProFootballFocus’ premium stats.
(Work kicked my butt this week, so I’m sorry for not getting this out before Thursday Night Football)
1. In week 5, Hakeem Nicks saw 12 targets, Rueben Randle 13 targets, and Victor Cruz 12 targets.
Fantasy just got a whole lot better thanks to Monkey Knife Fight. With fast-paced games like Rapid Fire and Either/Or, it’s never been easier to play fantasy and win. New to MKF? Get Exclusive $100 Deposit Match + Free $5 Game
2. For the season, Nicks is at 38 targets, Randle at 38 targets, and Cruz at 55 targets. Randle is getting more and more involved in the offense and should be owned in every league.
3. Chicago has given up 152 yards in 2 games to opposing wide receivers (Detroit and New Orleans).
4. The Giants play the Bears on Thursday Night Football.
5. Philadelphia has given up at least 249 yards and 2 touchdowns in four of their five games.
6. Mike Glennon’s first start was not great, but Arizona has given up less than 200 yards to wide receivers in every game.
7. The Eagles are playing at Tampa Bay, where Tampa Bay is coming off their bye week and remain at home.
8. Vincent Jackson has only 17 receptions on 41 targets with zero touchdowns. Five of those 24 incompletions were actually interceptions.
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!
9. I like Glennon this week. A lot.
10. In the last 3 weeks, Cecil Shorts in leading all wide receivers with 37 targets, followed by Victor Cruz at 36 and Josh Gordon at 34.
11. Both Alshon Jeffery and Robert Woods tie for fourth place at 32 targets.
12. For the season, Jeffery has seen 45 targets while Brandon Marshall has seen just two more at 47. Jeffery is gaining the trust of Jay Cutler.
13. The next four weeks for the Bears: Giants (9th worst against WRs), Redskins (5th worst), bye week, Packers (7th worst). Now is a great time to grab Jeffery or trade for him.
14. The Washington Redskins have given up the 2nd most points to running backs.
15. DeMarco Murray has carried 82% of Dallas runs at 4.8 yards per carry.
16. The Redskins play at the Cowboys on Sunday Night.
17. In week 5, Denarius Moore saw 8 targets. No other Raiders pass catcher saw more than 3.
18. Moore is drawing 35% of Terrelle Pryor’s pass attempts.
19. Targets in week 5 for the Chargers looked like this: Vincent Brown 8, Keenan Allen 9, Antonio Gates 10, Eddie Royal 8.
20. Snaps in week 5 for the Chargers looked like this: Brown 72, Allen 75, Gates 71, Royal 63. I bet you didn’t know Keenan Allen was on the field the most.
21. Danny Amendola returned from injury.
22. Targets for the Patriots looked like: Danny Amendola 9, Julian Edelman 7, Kenbrell Thompkins 4, Aaron Dobson 4.
23. Snaps for the Patriots looked like: Thompkins 97%, Edelman 95%, Amendola 62%, Dobson 60%.
24. So far this year, the Vikings have given up 253 yards and six touchdowns to tight ends.
25. Greg Olsen is second on the Panthers in targets with 30. Steve Smith has 35.
26. Olsen has caught 21 of his targets while Smith has only caught 18 of his.
27. Dallas has given up the most fantasy points to quarterbacks. Washington has given up the fourth most.
28. The only running backs with more than 70 carries without reaching the endzone are Chris Johnson and DeAngelo Williams.
29. Zac Stacy got the start for the Rams last week, but only played 56% of the snaps.
30. Stacy carried the ball 14 times, Daryl Richardson 13 times, and Benny Cunningham 4 times. Sell any and all while you still can.
31. Ben Tate is leading all running backs with a whooping 4.05 yards after contact.
32. In 2012 there were 7 running backs with at least 3.0 yards after contact.
33. In 2013 there are 2 running backs with at least 3.0 yards after contact.
34. The other one this year is Adrian Peterson.
35. Sneaking into the top 5 wide receivers for deep targets are Rueben Randle and T.Y. Hilton with 12.
36. T.Y. Hilton has seen 34.3% of his targets traveling at least 20 yards this year. Last year it was just 22.7%.
37. However, last year he had a catch rate of 50% on those deep targets. This year he is just at 34%.