DFS Week 1: Every week, I will be picking a mock lineup that I believe the players within (all skill players), are must starts in fantasy football, daily league formats. Looking forward to Week 1 (thank god it’s finally here), there is a number of intriguing players to consider throwing in your lineup. One quick thing to think about, is the price per value portion of picking your players. You want to be smart, and know that sometimes picking 3 or 4 players from one team, isn’t always a bad thing.
(All player value’s are based off Draft Kings)
Fantasy just got a whole lot better thanks to Monkey Knife Fight. With fast-paced games like Rapid Fire and Either/Or, it’s never been easier to play fantasy and win. New to MKF? Get Exclusive $100 Deposit Match + Free $5 Game
- Aaron Rodgers ($8,600) – A dream matchup against the Chicago Bears, Rodgers should pick apart the Bears D like Floyd Mayweather picked apart Andre Berto (as we all expected). Last season, in 2 games against Chicago, Rodgers was 40 of 55 for 617 yards, 10 TDs, and 0 INTs. Absolutely lethal. Get him in your lineup.
- Chris Ivory ($4,100) – Stepping into a much bigger role then last year, Ivory will expect to see a lot of carries week 1, against Clevelands shaky DL. I’m anticipating Ryan Fitzpatrick to hand the ball off a ton, especially to keep it below wave lengths, and out of the area of CB Joe Haden. I can not see Fitz throwing the ball more then 22 times.
- Doug Martin ($4,500) – Myself, along with many other fantasy owners, expect the muscle hamster to return to full force this season. Playing the disintegrated Titans defense, Martin will have a field day against them. He’s back.
- Randall Cobb ($8,000) – With Jordy Nelson out for the season (RIP to my fantasy team) Randall will step in yet again as the #1 guy in GB. Last season, he solid stats against Chicago. He caught 11 passes for 185 yards and 3 TDs in both games combined.
- Julio Jones ($9,300) – Julio needs no selling. Owners thought he was amazing last year, just wait until this season. Get him in your lineup at all costs. Spotlight is on him.
- Jarvis Landry ($5,600) – Landry is one of those players where he will either catch 8 passes for 41 yards, or catch 5 passes for 89 yards. Either way he will provide solid value to any lineup. Especially in a week 1 matchup against Washington.
- Josh Hill ($3,400) – Jimmy Graham out, Josh Hill in. I personally do not believe in the hype about Ben Watson “being the guy”. I am a believer in Josh Hill, and I also anticipate him tearing up the Cardinals defense on Sunday. Arizona is dreadful against the Tight End, so watch the situation carefully.
- Stevie Johnson ($3,700) – I am in love with Stevie Johnson this season. Especially in a week 1 date against the Detroit Lions. He has a pocket passing QB throwing to him, and has every element to be a key producer for his value to production ratio.
Those are my must have players for week 1. Wish everyone the best of luck as week 1 strolls through.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @blakedaca!