That’s right, fans of the Prem, Week 29 is here and that means we’re just that much closer to the end of the campaign. It’s nip and tuck at the top and bottom of the table, so that means added pressure to nearly every match. It’s a short slate of games due to the FA Cup (or Crap depending on your point of view), and that means it’s even more important to not sleep on your fantasy rosters as many regulars to your lineup won’t be available. Also, be sure to check out @brolfe1507‘s injury and suspension article to stay on top of who’s in and who’s out before making your final decisions. With that in mind, let’s jump right in to the week 29 rankings….
*Note* Player prices are taken from fantasypremierleague.com
1. Wayne Rooney/Man. United £11.2
2. Robin van Persie/Man. United £13.6
3. Emmanuel Adebayor/Tottenham £8.6
4. Jay Rodriguez/Southampton £6.6
5. Ricki Lambert/Southampton £7.3
6. Danny Welbeck/Man. United £6.6
7. Frazier Campbell/Cardiff City £5.2
8. Peter Crouch/Stoke City £5.6
9. Gary Hooper/Norwhich City £5.8
10. Roberto Soldado/Tottenham £8.4
Someone to watch: Maourane Shamakh/Crystal Palace–Palace needs goals in the worst way and Shamakh and that nightmare of a haircut of his are essentially their only goal scoring option. Could be a sneaky yet thrifty play at only £4.8. He does have an injury but is listed at 75% to play, so be sure to make certain he will be playing.
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!
1. Eden Hazard/Chelsea £11.1 2. Adam Lallana/Southampton £8.2 3. Oscar/Chelsea £8.7 4. Steve Sidwell/Fulham £5.4 5. Pete Wittingham/Cardiff City £5.0 6. Paulinho/Tottenham £6.7 7. Steven Davis/Southampton £4.7 8. Jason Puncheon/Crystal Palace £5.0 9. Robert Snodgrass/Norwhich City £6.0 10. Frank Lampard/Chelsea £7.4
Someone to watch: Adnan Januzaj/Man. United–The key with this talented youngster is will Moyes play him? If so, then he should be in your lineup as he could shred West Brom. And you gotta love the £4.8 price tag.
1. John Terry/Chelsea £6.8 2. Patrice Evra/Man. United £6.5 3. Ivanovic/Chelsea £6.6 4. Gary Cahill/Chelsea £6.1 5. Kyle Walker/Tottenham £6.1 6. Jose Fonte/Southampton £5.5 7. Jan Vertonghen/Tottenham £6.9 8. Luke Shaw/Southampton £5.0 9. Dejan Lovren/Southampton £5.4 10. Steven Caulker/Cardiff City £5.2
Someone to watch: Geoff Cameron/Stoke City–Stoke get Norwhich City who haven’t exactly been lighting up the score sheet. In fact their 21 goals this season is behind only Cardiff City (19) for lowest in the league. There’s a good chance Cameron gets a cheap clean sheet (£5.0).
1. Petr Cech/Chelsea £6.2 2. Asmir Begovic/Stoke City £5.3 3. Hugo Lioris/Tottenham £5.8 4. David De Gea/Man. United £5.7 5. David Marshall/Cardiff City £4.7 6. John Ruddy/Norwhich City £5.1 7. Artur Boruc/Southampton £4.8 8. Julian Speroni/Crystal Palace £4.6 9. Maarten Stekelenburg/Fulham £4.8 10. Boaz Myhill/West Brom £4.3
That about does it for this week. Remember, there’s only 5 matches which is why only 10 players were ranked per position. When the schedule opens back up next week, naturally there will be many more options for your lineup. If you have any questions or just want to harass us for our rankings, please follow myself @LTtheGreat and my PIC (partner in crime) @Bagio23 on your Twitter client of choice. We’ll be up bright and early for the matches on Saturday, and we’d love to chat with you about some proper football.