Welcome back to FakePigskin’s coverage of NASCAR DFS!
The Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series returns to Texas Motor Speedway for race two of the 3rd round of Playoffs. Texas Motor Speedway is a fast 1.5 mile ‘quad-oval’ with two distinct different corners. Turns one and two are high banked fast corners while turns 3 and 4 are flatter corners that require more patience and finesse.
Last week’s race at Martinsville was quite insane to say the least. The most controversial moment occurred when Denny Hamlin wrecked Chase Elliot to take the lead! Check out the highlights below:
Fantasy just got a whole lot better thanks to Monkey Knife Fight. New to MKF? Get Exclusive $100 Deposit Match + Free $5 Game!
Just like each NASCAR DFS race, my picks are separated into three stages, my All Stars, Solid Performers, and Sleepers. Drivers, let’s start your money making engines!
- Martin Truex Jr. ($11,000): The driver with the top salary at his best track type. Truex and Furniture Row Racing have been nearly unstoppable on the 1.5 mile tracks over the last 2 seasons. Also, Kyle Busch won the last playoff race, so it’s time for Truex to win!
- Jimmie Johnson ($9,600): Johnson’s finishes over the last five races are probably the best I’ve posted this season. Over the last five Texas races, Johnson has won 3 times and finished in the top 5 an additional time! His average finish overall is 3.6! His salary should rival Truex, so we will happily accept the value.
- Kevin Harvick ($9,800): Harvick is looking to clinch his way into the Championship 4 race and Texas will be his best chance to do that. Harvick has averaged a 5thlace finish and has led 185 laps along with one pole position.
- Kurt Busch ($8,400): Kurt Busch is becoming a regular in my Solid Performers category. At the last 1.5 mile race at Kansas, Kurt finished 2nd! In the last five Texas races, Kurt has averaged a 12th place finish with three top-10 finishes. Kurt has also led 45 laps in those races. Kurt has been very hot and cold toward the end of races after running well through most of the race, let’s count on a complete performance this weekend!
- Jamie McMurray($8,100): Jamie Mac appears in back-to-back weeks on my picks! McMurray is the definition of a solid finisher. Many times he’s not very flashy, but when you see the unofficial results at the end of the race, McMurray seems to be in the top 15 every week! In his last five Texas races, McMurray has the three top-10s with a highest finish of 6th. expect McMurray to keep his car clean, log laps, and escape with a top 12 finish.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ($7,900)I was rushing through my picks so I could get to this one! Earnhardt’s last four Texas races, he’s averaged a 4th place finish with a worst finish of 6th! Earnhardt’s first Cup Series victory was at Texas in 2000, so he would love to book-end his career with possibly his final Cup Series victory at Texas. Earnhardt’s value is WAY to good to pass up.
- Ty Dillon ($6,900): Ty Dillon makes his return to my picks. With only two starts at Texas, Ty has finished in the top 20 in both races. Ty is still looking for his first top 10 finish of the year, look for him to get close this weekend.
- Ryan Newman ($7,500): When in doubt, pick Ryan Newman. Newman is consistently a good value in NASCAR DFS that can squeak out those solid top 15s you need to compete each week. Newan has three top-20s in his last five Texas starts and should easily place there once again on Sunday.
Good luck this week and let’s make some money as weare hitting the stretch run of the Playoffs. You can follow me on Twitter @ScottYoungLV and please shoot me any questions or comments.
My picks last week yielded some solid finishes, but some unlucky incidents which lead to some poor finishes:
- Kyle Busch: WIN!
- Brad Keselowski: 4th
- Ryan Newman: 14th
- Kurt Busch: 22nd
- Joey Logano: 24th
- Erik Jones: 26th
- Jamie McMurray: 29th
- A.J. Allmendinger: 40th (DNF-Accident)
*All driver stats are referenced from DriverAverages.com
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!