Legit: Players who had a great week and will be hot additions to your dynasty teams.
1. Brian Quick WR STL – Let’s all be honest here, if you told me one STL WR would score over 15 points in week 1, with Sam Bradford on IR I would have wagered on Kenny Britt.
Flash forward to Monday night… lo and behold Britt was held without a catch. But you know who wasn’t Brian Quick. If you’re lucky enough to have the #1 Waiver grab Quick if
he is still available. Someone has to catch passes in STL this year, and with the injury to Shaun Hill this week, Quick should be a great security blanket to whomever plays QB.
2. Allen Hurns WR JAX – The Jags undrafted rookie out of the University of Miami put on quite an opening act on Sunday. He started hot and didn’t cool off. Jacksonville looks to
have assembled a good core of young talent. Word in Miami is that this guy was working harder than anyone in training camp. He routinely out worked the veterans in camp. He’s
6’3 , 22 years old, and only becomes more valuable once the Blake Bortles show opens in JAX.
3. Larry Donnell TE NYG – We knew one Giant’s TE had to have value at some point. I’m probably in the majority in hoping it would be Adrien Robinson. If we take anything away
from the Monday night game, it’s that the Giants are bad, and that Donnell will be involved going forward. At 6’5 and 269 lbs, the 25-year-old should be rostered this week if he
isn’t in your leagues.
Quit – Players who may seem like decent additions to your dynasty based on weekly production, but that you should avoid.
1. Donnie Avery WR KC – Resist the temptation. Each year Avery puts up respectable number initially and then disappears as the season goes on. A benefactor of volume, and the
absence of Dwayne Bowe aided greatly in his week 1 stats. At 30 years of age, he offers little upside. Don’t burn a valuable roster spot.
2. Devin Hester WR ATL – New team, new Hester? I think not. Don’t think the change in scenery will result in a more valuable Hester going forward. His age and lack of true
route running are a serious pause for concern. Hester benefited from a shoot out… Don’t be that guy in your league buying into the magic all over again.
3. Justin Forsett RB BAL – Following outstanding production on Sunday and the recent release of Ray Rice, it would seem that Forsett is in line to contribute to your dynasty
team. I don’t think Forsett is more than just a guy. He’s been kicked around the NFL and hasn’t truly stuck or produced. I see much of the same now. The only way I can
advocate adding Forsett is if you are planning on flipping him for a late rd rookie pick. Otherwise, stay far away.