Welcome to the inaugural year of fakepigskin.com’s fantasy EPL leagues.
What makes your leagues so special I hear you ask?
Well here at fakepigsin we intend to add a twist to conventional fantasy EPL by incorporating a common feature in fantasy games of American sport, but something that is a rather foreign concept to British fantasy gamers: A DRAFT!!!
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!
For many of you reading this, the concept of a draft is something you will have done before and be used to but for those who aren’t here are the basics:
- Each team will take a turn to select a player who currently plays for an EPL team
- Each player can only be drafted once
- The selection order in the odd numbered rounds (1,3,5, etc.) will be reversed in the even numbered rounds
Here are the basic rules of the leagues:
- Each league will consist of 8-12 teams
- The league will be hosted on www.draftepl.com
- Each game week two teams will play against each other with the team scoring the most points being the winner
- If the scores are tied at the end of the game week then the result will be declared a tie
- As per normal football scoring, the winner of each match shall receive 3 points the loser 0 and in the case of a tie both teams will receive 1 point.
- Game weeks will run from 12:00am BST on Saturday until 11:59 BST Friday
- Each team will draft 16 players
- The draft will be a slow email draft with a time limit set by the league commissioner.
- Of those 16, team owners must pick 11 players to start each week with 5 players on the bench
- Each team will field a line-up of consisting of one GK, three Defenders, three Midfielders, two Forwards and two Flex players (Defender/Midfielder/Forward)
- Player eligibility will be determined by the host website
- Free agent acquisitions will be restricted to 1 per game week during the season but during the real life transfer window (June-August & January) there can be unlimited transfers made
- New players entered into the free agent pool (transfers into the league) can be claimed on a waiver wire system
- Trading between teams is done via email to the whole league
- Points scoring is as stipulated by the host website
If you are interested in entering the fakepigskin fantasy EPL ‘draft’ leagues then please contact myself either on twitter @brolfe1507 or by emailing [email protected]. Please include your name, preferred contact email address and twitter handle in any emails sent declaring interest. Any further questions then please use either contact method to ask those questions.