In a game between two of the NFL’s best defenses the Rams prevailed 38-31 over the Vikings. The two offenses combined for a total of 1,002 total yards and 69 points (nice!). The two defenses on the other hand, looked outmatched, unprepared, and easily duped.
- Slot CB Trae Waynes left the game with a concussion in the 2nd quarter.
- CB Mike Hughes lead the Vikings with 7 solo tackles, partly due to a larger role with the exit of Waynes.
- DE Danielle Hunter recorded the Vikings only sack of the game.
- DE Stephen Weatherly continues to fill in for Everson Griffen. Weatherly played 82% of the defensive snaps but didn’t record a single tackle. Weatherly continues to be a guy who I stash on my rosters till more news of Everson Griffen’s return is released.
- It was a night to forget for safety Harrison Smith. The dynamic IDP weapon recorded only 1 tackle on the night.
- Aaron Donald had himself a breakout game. Donald racked up 2 sacks and 5 total tackles. I had him ranked as my #10 defensive lineman for week 4 (here).
- John Johnson continues to show why he belongs in the conversation as a DB1. Johnson lead the team with 11 total tackles.
- Filling in for the injured Mark Barron, Ramik Wilson was able to get 7 solo tackles. Wilson left the game in the 4th quarter with an injury.