Matt Jones – University of Florida
Height: 6’2″ Weight: 232
Comp: LenDale White
Fake Pigskin Exclusive: Join Monkey Knife Fight and Get an Instant 100% Deposit Match PLUS a Free $5 Game!
Dennis’ Scouting Notes
- A strong runner who has decent power
- Very nimble for a big man
- Has nice power
- Very good at the second level
- Part time player at Florida who never amassed more than 166 carries
- He showed some hesitation at the line
- Does he have enough speed and athleticism to succeed at the next level
Dennis Digs Deeper
Matt Jones fits more of a power scheme rather than a zone scheme where he has to make quick decisions. That always a concern for me, see Trent Richardson
Kyle’s Instant Evaluation
Matt Jones is a player a like quite a bit. Granted, I see him as more of a guy who shares carries and not a work horse back, but that is a direction the NFL continues to head. He is a big, physical back that will create the contact. He can be the thunder to another running backs lightning. I use the LenDale White comparison for Jones. Think the productive version that paired extremely well with Chris Johnson in Tennessee.