- 2017 IDP DL Strength of Schedule
- Down on the Farm: Cody Bellinger Day
- Dynasty: Pre-Draft Rookie Rankings
- Making the Case for 1.01: Christian McCaffrey
- MLB DFS: 4/24 If Not, Then Who?
- Fantasy Baseball: Week 4 Waiver Wire
- Dynasty Zone Rookie Mock Draft
- 2017 IDP Linebacker Strength of Schedule
- Making the Case for 1.01: Corey Davis
- Fantasy Baseball: Week 4 Pitching Streamers
Week 2 Two-Start Pitchers
The week 2 two-start pitchers are intriguing from a point of view that there are very few stud options going twice. There is a top four that stands head and shoulders above the rest and then we get the question mark group containing three pitchers with injury risks and one who I am not sure I trust yet. After that it really becomes a mix match as there are about 20 options that all ranked in the 40 through 90 section of the rankings pre-season. Some are old heads and some are up- comers who have potential to be really good.
What makes next week so hard to judge is that it feels like we have had somewhat of a run explosion to start the season and every line-up seems to be frightening which is obviously not going to be the case all year but right now trying to predict the good from the ugly is really tough.
Tune in each week to hear the team discuss the previous week and take a look forward at what we can hope to expect in the coming week. We will be discussing waiver wire, start sit along with all the major topics surrounding the world of fantasy baseball.
|Player||Date 1||Vs 1||Pitcher 1||Date 2||Vs 2||Pitcher 2|
|Chris Sale BOS||(04/10)||@ DET||Jordan Zimmermann||(04/16)||vs. TB||Alex Cobb|
|Jake Arrieta CHC||(04/10)||vs. LAD||Rich Hill||(04/16)||vs. PIT||Chad Kuhl|
|Jacob deGrom NYM||(04/10)||@ PHI||Jerad Eickhoff||(04/15)||@ MIA||Edinson Volquez|
|Cole Hamels TEX||(04/11)||@ LAA||Garrett Richards||(04/16)||@ SEA||James Paxton|
|Carlos Carrasco CLE||(04/11)||vs. CHW||James Shields||(04/16)||vs. DET||Daniel Norris|
|Justin Verlander DET||(04/10)||vs. BOS||Chris Sale||(04/15)||@ CLE||Corey Kluber|
|Jeff Samardzija SF||(04/11)||vs. ARI||Robbie Ray||(04/16)||vs. COL||Antonio Senzatela|
|Matt Harvey NYM||(04/11)||@ PHI||Clay Buchholz||(04/16)||@ MIA||Dan Straily|
|James Paxton SEA||(04/10)||vs. HOU||Charlie Morton||(04/16)||vs. TEX||Cole Hamels|
|Ian Kennedy KC||(04/10)||vs. OAK||Jharel Cotton||(04/15)||vs. LAA||Matt Shoemaker|
|Tanner Roark WAS||(04/10)||vs. STL||Adam Wainwright||(04/16)||vs. PHI||Jerad Eickhoff|
|Adam Wainwright STL||(04/10)||@ WAS||Tanner Roark||(04/16)||@ NYY||Luis Severino|
|J.A. Happ TOR||(04/11)||vs. MIL||Wily Peralta||(04/16)||vs. BAL||Dylan Bundy|
|Jerad Eickhoff PHI||(04/10)||vs. NYM||Jacob deGrom||(04/16)||@ WAS||Tanner Roark|
|Michael Pineda NYY||(04/10)||vs. TB||Alex Cobb||(04/15)||vs. STL||Carlos Martinez|
|Jameson Taillon PIT||(04/10)||vs. CIN||Brandon Finnegan||(04/15)||@ CHC||Jon Lester|
|Taijuan Walker ARI||(04/10)||@ SF||Matt Moore||(04/16)||@ LAD||Rich Hill|
|Matt Moore SF||(04/10)||vs. ARI||Taijuan Walker||(04/15)||vs. COL||Tyler Chatwood|
|Jharel Cotton OAK||(04/10)||@ KC||Ian Kennedy||(04/16)||vs. HOU||Charlie Morton|
|Dylan Bundy BAL||(04/11)||@ BOS||Eduardo Rodriguez||(04/16)||@ TOR||J.A. Happ|
|Luis Severino NYY||(04/12)||vs. TB||Blake Snell||(04/16)||vs. STL||Adam Wainwright|
|Brandon Finnegan CIN||(04/10)||@ PIT||Jameson Taillon||(04/15)||vs. MIL||Zach Davies|
|Alex Cobb TB||(04/10)||@ NYY||Michael Pineda||(04/16)||@ BOS||Chris Sale|
|Charlie Morton HOU||(04/10)||@ SEA||James Paxton||(04/16)||@ OAK||Jharel Cotton|
|Tyler Chatwood COL||(04/10)||vs. SD||Trevor Cahill||(04/15)||@ SF||Matt Moore|
|Dan Straily MIA||(04/11)||vs. ATL||Bartolo Colon||(04/16)||vs. NYM||Matt Harvey|
|Matt Boyd DET||(04/11)||vs. MIN||Hector Santiago||(04/16)||@ CLE||Carlos Carrasco|
|Hector Santiago MIN||(04/11)||@ DET||Daniel Norris||(04/16)||vs. CHW||James Shields|
|James Shields CHW||(04/11)||@ CLE||Carlos Carrasco||(04/16)||@ MIN||Hector Santiago|
|Antonio Senzatela COL||(04/11)||vs. SD||Jered Weaver||(04/16)||@ SF||Jeff Samardzija|
|Trevor Cahill SD||(04/10)||@ COL||Tyler Chatwood||(04/16)||@ ATL||Julio Teheran|
|Rookie Davis CIN||(04/11)||@ PIT||Chad Kuhl||(04/16)||vs. MIL||Wily Peralta|
|Wily Peralta MIL||(04/11)||@ TOR||J.A. Happ||(04/16)||@ CIN||Rookie Davis|
|Chad Kuhl PIT||(04/11)||vs. CIN||Rookie Davis||(04/16)||@ CHC||Jake Arrieta|
- Jeff Samardzija is the place in the rankings where it starts getting tricky to distinguish between options. However chances are you are starting most of the top 15 when they are one start guys so when they are two-starters then they are pretty much a lock to start.
- Adam Wainwright looked frisky against the Cubs but two road match-ups against two teams who could do some damage have me a little concerned and stop him being a top 10 option.
- A. Happ gets two offences that have started well and now get to face him in a hitter friendly park. But he survived there last year so I feel I have to trust him somewhat.
- Jameson Taillon’s decent start against Boston gets him boosted up here over some guys whi had rough first starts. Think he is good enough against Cincy to cover any issues against the Cubs.
- The Dylan Bundy and Luis Severino pair are the two main upside guys here this week.
- Bundy is the best pitcher of the two but has the toughest match-up.
- Severino is a good pitcher and neither match-up terrifies me
- I want to believe in Alex Cobb so badly and he should perhaps be grouped with Bundy etc because he is a guy with potential to be top 10 this week but can he serve up enough innings to be effective?
- Charlie Morton at least gets to pitch in two pitcher friendly ballparks next week and that is probably the only thing putting him ahead of the crap shoot behind him. This is perhaps the last guy I would consider starting in a 12 team league.
- Antonio Senzatela intrigues me just from a point of view of he was amazing in the minors but has skipped AAA after throwing just 34 innings last season. His start in San Fran makes him at least an option to consider in deeper leagues but the Coors start scares me. 14 team leagues I am giving him a shot this week.
- I don’t want to be the guy who starts Rookie Davis but the fact he gets to start against the other two of the three worst pitchers this week means at least he might have a shot at winning a game or two and therefore he is the one of the three I would consider first in 16 teamers.