- Fantasy Baseball: OF Rankings (Roto)
- 2017 Early Dynasty IDP DB Rankings
- Dynasty101 The Auction Zodiac
- NBA DFS: Better Late than Never
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Busts
- Fantasy Baseball: Staff Relief Pitcher Rankings
- Kyle Schwarber: Fantasy Superstar or Bust?
- Fantasy Baseball: Auction Draft Strategy
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
Week 3 IDP Notes & Waiver Wire Look
As the Bears continue to lose and Dak continues to impress, Sunday games of week three have come to an end and once again the injury Gods struck again – it’ll never stop so we just have to roll with it. Where do I start; well here’s what I do know and if I’m missing anything feel free to let me know but unfortunately Chargers ILB Manti Te’o has an achilles injury that’s potentially going to sideline him for the season (non-contact too). Dolphins linebackers; Jelani Jenkins and Koa Misi are dinged up and possibly miss some time and we also lost Steelers Lawrence Timmons and Ryan Shazier to injuries as well; we won’t know the severity until later. Titans safety; Da’Norris Searcy seemed to injure his ankle/foot during their game as well so he may miss some time. Nonetheless owners aren’t happy but there’s some guys to look at to replace (Zach Brown should be near 100% owned so if he’s available go get him now).
- The effect of Manti Te’o and his injury is that Denzel Perryman owners can breath a sigh of relief some as he saw 70 snaps against the Colts and productive at that (11 tackles 1 sack). The add here though would be Jatavis Brown; who prior to today has been getting the nickel snaps but now his role will be increased. As bye weeks start approaching, Jatavis will be an add at the right time as he should maintain LB3 production with bonuses of pass deflections (had 2 today) to go along with 6 tackles. If you’re in a shallow league though where you start only 1-2 LB’s then you wouldnt have to worry about Jatavis; he’s meant for those who start 3+ & you have the roster room. For instance, I dropped Ben Heeney for Jatavis Brown.
- New era in Oakland? Del Rio took over the defensive play-calling and inserted rookies Karl Joseph (SS) and Cory James (MLB) as Ben Heeney has been benched and he’s been horrible so can’t blame JDR for this move to possibly get a spark on defense. In his first action of the season Joseph piled up 10 tackles (6 solo) and James got 7 tackles (6 solo) but also looked to be off the field during nickel duties – I’m not shocked though as Malcolm & Irvin seem to be the every down ‘backers right now. In dynasty I’d be shocked if Joseph is available but in redraft leagues I’d definitely give him a look as your DB2. Cory is a speculative add (if you need it) as he has some upside to him but just tread water like I said because he may not be an every down LB but he’ll play good enough to warrant the starts.
- Pittsburgh problems, both starting ILB’s Lawrence Timmons & Ryan Shazier left the game with injuries and if either are expected to miss any time the next man up that’s worth a look (whom I’d prefer to roster over Cory and Jatavis) is Vince Williams. He’s been a quality backup but can be productive when his number is called, he got 4 tackles in 46 snaps against the Eagles. Williams makes a decent LB3 starter or spot starter for bye weeks in the short term. So keep Williams on your radar and make the move if you got some deadweight to get rid of whether it’s redraft or dynasty.
- New fish to catch in Miami, Neville Hewitt will be looking at extended snaps now that Jelani Jenkins & Koa Misi are battling injuries. Hewitt racked up 7 tackles against the Browns and can meet this production going forward for the short term fix. He’s nothing special though just a dig deep roster type of guy who may help during bye weeks (depending if you start 3-5 LB’s) doesn’t have much upside and a chance he’s only a 2-down LB.
- Ravens DE, Tim Jernigan, has gotten a sack in each game so far this season which gives him 3 and he’s had a total of 4 sacks last season. Is he turning it around? it looks like it, can his production sustain? to a certain point but we cannot expect him to get a sack every game – but I’d pick him up and roster him as my DL3.
- The Jets have taken off but Calvin Pryor seems to have forgotten to get on board, he’s been pretty pathetic to start the season and I have no problem dropping him – in fact I’ve already dropped him in a dynasty league in favor of Browns rookie; Derrick Kindred who is impressing and starting over Ibrhaeim for the time being. If you’re on the fence with Pryor, go ahead and drop him – you won’t lose any sleep and there’s a chance he’s just not good.
- Redskins DE/LB Trent Murphy has been some light that the Redskins needed at pass rush. He has 3 sacks on the season and if he’s a DE on your host site (Yahoo/ESPN) then I’d definitely consider taking advantage of that as he’ll be a decent DL2/3 starter for you. On sites that list him as a LB, I’d just keep him on watch as I still prefer Preston Smith over Trent Murphy.
- Another move I made recently in a different league is drop Ben Heeney (i know i had a few shares) and added 49ers ILB, Gerald Hodges. With Ray Ray Armstrong headed to IR, Hodges has taken over the ILB duties next to Bowman and can be productive. He can bring you LB3 value with an occasional LB2 game. Hodges would be one of the top adds dating back to last week if you’re in leagues that start 3 or more LB’s.
The Eagles LB situation is a complete mess right now and I have no answers to what’s to be done. In dynasty you must hold Hicks still, you can’t trade him as his value is at it’s lowest right now and Bradham continues to out-snap Hicks (56-49 in week 3) but neither are productive. Just have to bench Hicks for the short term and pick up someone that’ll produce for you like Zach Brown or if someone dropped Avery Williamson.
One thing is for certain though, with IDP you must have patience with studs they’ll get going sooner than later.