- Fantasy Baseball: Staff Relief Pitcher Rankings
- Kyle Schwarber: Fantasy Superstar or Bust?
- Fantasy Baseball: Auction Draft Strategy
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- NBA DFS: Targets for 3/20
- Fantasy Baseball: Staff First Base Rankings
- Fantasy Baseball: Staff Catcher Rankings
- Fantasy Baseball: Staff Outfield Rankings
- Fantasy Baseball: Staff Shortstop Rankings
5 Under Par – Daily Fantasy Golf – FedEx St. Jude Classic
We didn’t have William McGirt in our 5 Under Par last week, but he was pretty impressive as he got his first win on the PGA Tour. McGirt held off a few of my picks to take down the win as Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, and Matt Kuchar were all on his heels. McGirt is a fellow North Carolinian and even though I didn’t crush my big bet I am happy for him. There aren’t many big name guys suiting up this week, but we should still see some great golf action in Memphis. DraftKing’s has started rolling out contests for the European Tour as well as the PGA Tour. Make sure that you check the tournaments out in their lobby and get in both.
I know, just like me you are more concerned about the US Open next week, but we can’t skip over a tournament. The FedEx St. Jude Classic is held in Germantown, TN at TPC at Southwind. The course plays at a Par 70 and measures out to a little over 7,200 yards. TPC at Southwind plays as the 9th hardest course on Tour. The course is extremely narrow and requires golfers to be extremely accurate off of the tee. Golfers will also be tasked to hit greens and a lot of my research this week will focus on GIR. Last year’s winner, Fabian Gomez, shot a 13 under to pull down his first Tour win. To make the 5 Under picks this week I used the following metrics: Strokes Gained: Tee to Green, Strokes Gained: Putting, Greens in Regulation, Driving Accuracy, Birdie Average and Scrambling.
The weather looks good this weekend so tee times shouldn’t be to much of a factor for our daily fantasy golf lineups. This article and my picks are being brought to you by Tour Golf Revolution, the site that let’s you “Reinvent League Golf.”
1. Dustin Johnson – Johnson ended up with a 3rd place finish at the Memorial Tournament last weekend and is the highest ranked golfer in the tournament this weekend. He has been on the cusp of a win for the last 3 months and has six top five performances over the course of this season. He has seen his fair share of success at the FedEx St. Judes Classic and won here in 2012. It would be typical DJ to win this week and choke on the last hole of the US Open to finish 2nd (to soon?) He is the top daily fantasy golf play this week.
2. Phil Mickleson – Phil has put up a top 15 finish in his last three appearances here, including a 2nd and 3rd place finish. He missed the cut at THE PLAYERS, but is still 4th on Tour in Strokes Gained: Overall. Phil always uses the rounds before a Major to gear up and get on track. I think he produces a strong performance this week.
3. Gary Woodland – Woodland is one of those golfers that is coming in hot. He had a shot to win the Memorial last week, but squandered it into a T4th finish. He is 4th in Driving Distance and 20th in scoring average on Tour. He finished in the top 20 during his last outing at the FedEx in 2013.
4. Brooks Koepka – Koepka is probably my 2nd favorite golfer on Tour. He put up a 2nd place finish at the AT&T Byron Nelson and wants to harness some momentum heading into the US Open. He finished T3rd her last season and can easily replicate that performance.
5. Colt Knost -Knost has been of fire lately and will look to finally get a win. He finished T12th here last season and has decided to Top 5 everything else on Tour. He is 2nd on Tour in driving accuracy percentage and has been great on the putting green as well. I like him as a GPP play and will have about 20% exposure.
* I usually use the last 5 years of course/tournament data in my research