- Dynasty101 The Auction Zodiac
- NBA DFS: Better Late than Never
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Busts
- Fantasy Baseball: Staff Relief Pitcher Rankings
- Kyle Schwarber: Fantasy Superstar or Bust?
- Fantasy Baseball: Auction Draft Strategy
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- 2017 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- NBA DFS: Targets for 3/20
- Fantasy Baseball: Staff First Base Rankings
5 Under Par – Daily Fantasy Golf – Memorial Tournament
Jordan Spieth upped his game in preparation for the US Open in a couple of weeks and took down the Dean and Deluca Invitational as well as some daily fantasy golf money for me. He was in our top 3 last week at the Fake Pigskin and looked very impressive. DraftKing’s has started rolling out contests for the European Tour as well as the PGA Tour. Make sure that you check the tournaments out in their lobby and get in both. I will provide a cheat sheet for the Euro tournaments later this afternoon.
We have finally left Texas and moved north to Ohio. Jack Nickolas founded the Memorial Tournament in Dublin, Ohio which has hosted a lot of big name golfers. There will be no exception this year as some of the biggest names in golf tee it up at the Muirfield Village Golf Club. Muirfield Village plays at a Par 72 and is 7,392 yards. David Lingmerth came out of no where last year and took down the win against a star studded field. Memorial is a difficult course on Tour and provides a different challenge yearly for golfers. To make the 5 Under picks this week I used the following metrics: Strokes Gained: Tee to Green, Strokes Gained: Putting, Greens in Regulation, Driving Accuracy, Birdie Average and Scrambling.
I will also be looking closely at the weather early tomorrow morning. The forecast calls for some storms so it may be best to check out tee times and align your picks accordingly. This article and my picks are being brought to you by Tour Golf Revolution, the site that let’s you “Reinvent League Golf.”
1. Jordan Spieth – Spieth took down the tournament last week and is looking to ride his hot streak in to Dublin, Ohio. He put up a T3 last season and could easily replicate that performance. Spieth is ranked 1st in Scoring and Birdie Average on Tour. He is also ranked 1st in SG – Around the Green. Spieth will use these next few tournaments to gear up for the US Open and should be a threat this week.
2. Jason Day – Day is the World Number 1 and recently won at THE PLAYERS. He hasn’t historically performed well at Muirfield, but I feel like this is his year. He pretty much leads every important category on Tour (Points, Money, World Ranking) and is also 1st SG – Total. I have to think he will be motivated by recent wins from his World Rankings Challengers and should put together some nice rounds.
3. Rory McIlroy – Rory was cut in 2012, but has 3 top 20s in his other outings. He is 5th in Birdie Average and is 1st in SG – Off of the Tee. He is Rory and can pretty much turn it on at anytime. I would love to see a final pairing of Spieth and McIlroy!
4. Matt Kuchar – Kuch has been on fire lately and is a very safe play. He won here in 2013 and has seen a top 30 here in the last 8 showings. He was T6 at the Dean and Deluca Invitational and is one of the hottest players on Tour. He is ranked 3rd in Scoring Average on Tour this season.
5. Rickie Fowler – Tricky Rickie is one of my favorite golfers on Tour. He was cut here the past two years, but has the ability to win any given week. He was 2nd in 2010 and could replicate that performance this year. He is ranked 2nd on Tour with his Strokes Gained total and is 7th with Birdie average. He is a definite GPP play as the risk can bring about great reward.
* I usually use the last 5 years of course/tournament data in my research