- 2017 IDP Linebacker Strength of Schedule
- Making the Case for 1.01: Corey Davis
- Fantasy Baseball: Week 4 Pitching Streamers
- My 2017 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
- MLB DFS: Targets for 4/21
- Week 4 Two Start Pitchers
- Fantasy Baseball: Starling Marte Suspended 80 Games
- MLB DFS: Targets for 4/20
- MLB DFS: Targets for 4/18
- Fantasy Baseball: Week 3 Waiver Wire
5 Under Par – Daily Fantasy Golf – Dean and Deluca Invitational
It was very interesting to me that Sergio Garcia didn’t choke his way out of a win last week, considering he usually does that 99% of the time. This week we have daily fantasy golf on two fronts (sound WWIIish doesn’t it). DraftKing’s has started rolling out contests for the European Tour as well as the PGA Tour. I will have both sets of 5 Under Par picks for you next week, but it was a total surprise to me that they unleashed the Euro Tour tournaments this week. So for now, let’s talk PGA Tour.
The Tour is still in Texas this week at the Colonial C.C. in Fort Worth Texas. This tournament is one of the longest running tournaments on tour and is very familiar to most veteran golfers. Colonial plays at a Par 70 and is 7,204 yards. Last years winner Chris Kirk shot 12 under and produced a nice putt at the end to seal his victory. The course isn’t extremely long, which bids well to accuracy off the greens and off of the fairway. To make the 5 Under picks this week I used the following metrics: Strokes Gained: Tee to Green, Strokes Gained: Putting, Greens in Regulation, Driving Accuracy, Ball Striking and Scrambling.
To win at this course means that you were extremely accurate over anything else. Look for guys like Matt Kuchar, Zach Johnson and Brandt Snedeker to make the list as they are some of the most consistent and accurate iron guys on the Tour. This article and my picks are being brought to you by Tour Golf Revolution, the site that let’s you “Reinvent League Golf.”
1. Matt Kuchar – Kuch was on the 5 Under list last week and he makes it at the top this week. He has been a daily fantasy golf gold mine for me over the years as he is one of the most consistent golfers on Tour. He was 3rd last week at the AT&T and comes into this Tournament smoking hot. He has made the last 6 cuts this season and has made 7/8 at Colonial, with a 2nd in 2014. He is 12th on Tour SGTotal and is 9th in scoring average. I can’t deny Kuchar the top spot this week.
2. Zach Johnson – ZJ and Kuch are two of my favorite Cash Game plays, but I will have a lot of him in GPP’s (Guaranteed Prize Pools) as well. Johnson has won here twice and is 10/10. He dominates this course and should be heavily owned this week.
3. Jordan Speith – We are still in Texas, which means Speith as at home. Jordan is 7th in the Fed Ex Rankings and is 10th overall in SGTotal. This hasn’t been a season to remember for Jordan like last years was, but he has still registered some nice performances (T2 Masters, should have won, but imploded). He is 3/3 at Colonial with a T2nd last year.
4. Chris Kirk – Last years winner held off a playoff with a clutch putt to take down the victory in only 6 tries at Colonial. Kirk hasn’t missed a cut in all 6 attempts at this course. He withdrew from THE PLAYERS, but put up at T5 at the Zurich. He is ranked 56th in SGTtG and is 1st in Approach from 100-125. I’m not saying he’s going to pull a repeat, but I think he will make the cut and produce a top 20 result.
5. Brandt Snedeker – Sneds is 5/5 at Colonial and rivaled Speith last year with a T2. He has missed the last two cuts, but this is where he can get it back on track. He is 4th on the FedEx Cup list and should put up a nice showing here to make up from his last two falters.
* I usually use the last 5 years of course/tournament data in my research