- 2017 IDP Linebacker Strength of Schedule
- Making the Case for 1.01: Corey Davis
- Fantasy Baseball: Week 4 Pitching Streamers
- My 2017 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
- MLB DFS: Targets for 4/21
- Week 4 Two Start Pitchers
- Fantasy Baseball: Starling Marte Suspended 80 Games
- MLB DFS: Targets for 4/20
- MLB DFS: Targets for 4/18
- Fantasy Baseball: Week 3 Waiver Wire
5 Under Par – Daily Fantasy Golf – AT&T Byron Nelson
Most of you know by now that I was given the awesome opportunity to write Daily Fantasy Golf and Daily Fantasy NASCAR content for Fake Pigskin, which is the premiere site for Fantasy Football info (and soon to be Golf and NASCAR info). If you don’t know me, or aren’t my mom (my one fan) I am Tobes or Tobinator44 on Twitter. I dabble a little in all fantasy sports, but I have found some consistent success in Fantasy Golf and Fantasy NASCAR. I will provide analysis each week on the upcoming golf tournament or race for the weekend.
This weeks tournament is the AT&T Byron Nelson. Last week, Jason Day put on a clinic and took down THE PLAYERS Championship in stride. He led after the first round and never looked back. This week we won’t have as many “big name” golfers, but we will still have quite a few golfers in the top 50 of the world rankings. The Byron Nelson is played in Irving, Texas at the TPC Four Seasons. The course is a Par 70 and plays at 7,166. This means we won’t necessarily need bombers, but we will need to find guys that are accurate off of the tee. The stats I am looking at this week are Strokes Gained: Tee to Green, Strokes Gained: Putting, Driving Accuracy, Greens in Regulation/GIR and Scrambling. Each week I am going to give you 5 golfers (hence the name 5 Under Par, catchy I know) who will make up a large percentage of my daily fantasy golf exposure and the reasons behind my choice. Let’s get this week started and good luck playing daily fantasy golf this weekend.
1. Dustin Johnson – Johnson has been on fire so far this season, posting a top five in 4 of his last 5 tournaments. He has done exceptionally well at the Byron Nelson and is 3 for 3 with an average finish of 11.7. He has put up back to back top 10 finishes and will look to win the 1.3 million dollar purse this weekend. His driving accuracy sometimes can be a concern and scares people off. However, he is 4th in driving distance and 8th Strokes Gained: TtoG. He is my pick to win and I will have quite a bit of exposure this week.
2. Matt Kuchar – KUCHHH is Mr. Consistent and usually a great play every week. He is 5 for 5 at the Byron Nelson and put up a nice T-3 at THE PLAYERS. Kuchar is 10th in scoring average and 19th Strokes Gained: TtG. He has an average finish of 20th here and should be a nice bet for a top 15.
3. Ryan Palmer – Palmer is a Horse for the Course and a Texas Guy. He is also 5 for 5 over the last five tournaments and has an average finish of 15.2. Palmer has been a cut making machine this season and should be a lower cost option for daily fantasy golf players trying to save salary cap.
4. Zach Johnson – ZJ is the poster child for accuracy, off the tee and off of the fairway. He was a solo 5th last year and hasn’t missed a cut in 5 years (he has only played in one tournament in that time haha). He is ranked in the top 50 of all the accuracy categories on Tour and has the potential to find himself a top the leader board at weeks end.
5. Keegan Bradley – Like Palmer, Keegan is also a Horse for the Course. Bradley posted a win here in 2011 and a 2nd place finish in 2013. He is ranked 2nd on Tour in total driving, a precursor to the year after year success he has at the Byron Nelson.
* I usually use the last 5 years of course/tournament data in my research