- Speakeasy Payback Porter
- Sneaky Starts Week 12: Kenny Stills Will Pay Your Bills
- Bucs’ Lavonte David’s Health in Question in Week 12 IDP TwitterBag
- NFL Picks Against the Spread: Week 12, 2014
- College Football Picks Against the Spread: Week 13, 2014
- Vikings’ LB Chad Greenway Dominating in IDP Week 12 Match-ups Analysis
- A Finally Healthy Theo Walcott Returns and Highlights The Draft Kings Week 12 Preview
- FPL Week 12 Rankings: Forster Headlines Goalkeeping Options
- NFL Eliminator Challenge: Week 12
- Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings
Josh Gordon: 2014 Number One Wide Receiver?
- Updated: January 16, 2014
Throughout this year, one of the biggest fantasy surprises has to be Cleveland Browns second year WR Josh Gordon.
After starting the year with a 2-game suspension, Josh Gordon made up for it, and then some. He returned this season in Week 3 when the Browns took on the Minnesota Vikings with Brian Hoyer at QB following a Brandon Weeden injury.
First game back, ease him in…. No. Josh Gordon finished with 10-146-1 and that was just the beginning.
What stopped Josh Gordon from being even more dominant was inconsistent and injury plagued QB play. He shuffled between Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell.
In 2 full games with Hoyer, Gordon averaged 7-109-.5, a small sample size indeed, but every Browns receiver was much more productive with Hoyer in the lineup.
This year Josh Gordon had some of the most insane game we’ve ever seen including becoming one of the only WRs in NFL history to have back-to-back 200 yard receiving games.
So the question is: Will Josh Gordon be fantasy footballs No. 1 WR option in re-draft formats?
My guess is he’ll be number two. Dynasty, is a different story, but in re-draft formats it’s really hard to dethrone the all mighty Calvin Johnson as he has been much more dominant over the years.
The Browns QB situation is in disarray. Do they draft a QB? Who will be available? Manziel? Bortles? Do they trade up and get Bridgewater? Do they stick wit Hoyer? What about Weeden. Too many uncertainties, but no matter, Gordon will still be dominant as he’ll be any QBs favorite target.
My predictions for next year for Josh Gordon? The Browns will draft Johnny Manziel and finish with over 100 catches and over a dozen TDs.
Josh Gordon is worthy of a 1st round pick in PPR formats.
Top-5 WRs for 2014
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Josh Gordon
3. AJ Green
4. Brandon Marshall
5. Julio Jones